For traffic offenders who plead guilty or are convicted of a specific traffic violation while distracted, this Ohio Department of Public Safety distracted driver course is available in lieu of paying the enhanced court fine of $100 or less, providing the offender pays the total amount of the fine established by the violation and submits written evidence of completion of the distracted driver course.
The one-hour course discusses what distracted driving is, who is a distracted driver, cell phone distractions, the risks and consequences of driving distracted, and combating distracted driving.
- Only begin the course when you have enough time to complete it one sitting. Otherwise, you will not receive your certificate.
- An electronic certificate of completion is offered at the end of the e-course. Do not close your browser at until you have reached the Certificate of Completion page.
- Your certificate must be printed or saved as a PDF immediately upon receipt. Do not attempt to save or bookmark the webpage with your certificate, as it will not retain your information. We recommend printing your certificate immediately.
- Before starting this course, we recommend the following:
- A desktop or laptop computer already connected to a working printer is necessary for completing this online course. No tablets or phones.
- Use Internet Explorer or Chrome. The latest version of Explorer or Safari will work well, but most online courses can also be viewed with Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and other up-to-date browsers. If using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility Mode.
- Close all other Internet tabs and delete browsing history/cookies before beginning the course.
- Turn off pop-up blockers.
- Newer operating systems will help improve the performance of your online material.