We strive to maintain an environment of belonging and empowerment and to serve the community in ways that best utilize the skills of our staff and vendors to meet the needs of our customers. Our success is measured by building and retaining a qualified, diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve and that fosters collaborative relationships. Part of our mission includes attracting additional talent to ensure diversity in our workforce.
Our current needs include:
- State Highway Patrol Dispatchers
- Information Technology
- Customer Service
Our goal is a Safer Ohio. The Department of Public Safety, the third largest state agency, employs more than 3800 employees, and serves all 88 counties of Ohio. DPS offers many unique employment opportunities through the services of our various departments. To learn more about employment opportunities, benefits, and more career information visit the statewide career website at careers.ohio.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ensuring Equal Employment Opportunity at the agency, The Ohio Department of Public Safety does not discriminate on the basis of color, religion, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, national origin (ancestry), military status, disability, age (40 years or older), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Partnerships and Initiatives
- MBE/EDGE Programs – for minority business contract and grant opportunities
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities – Disability training and employment apprentice programs
- Veteran Programs
- Community Collaborations – partnerships that support the engagement of our diverse community.
- ADA/EEO – our commitment to anti-discrimination and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.